Indie Blue Publishing will be accepting submissions for But You Don’t Look Sick until December 31, 2020.
The focus of But You Don’t Look Sick: The Real Life Adventures of Fibro Bitches, Lupus Warriors, and other Super Heroes Battling Invisible Illness is on writing and art from those living with a chronic but invisible physical illness or disability, such as fibromyalgia, lupus, multiple sclerosis, cancer, digestive disorders, chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes, migraine headache, dysautonomia, etc.
Anthology Submission Guidelines
SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED: December 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020
SUBMIT TO: IndieBluSubmissions@gmail.com
SUBJECT LINE: But You Don’t Look Sick Submission
SUBMISSION FORMATTING GUIDELINES
- The maximum number of pieces for submission per writer/artist is six (6).
- Writing may include poetry, prose, short fiction, essay, and/or creative nonfiction
- Individual pieces of writing should not exceed 1,000 words
- Writing should be submitted as a single Word attachment to your submission email. PDFs are the acceptable alternative if you do not have access to Word.
- Please use either 12 point Arial or Times Roman font with 1.15 line spacing.
- Individual pieces of writing in your Word document should be titled, and separated by Page Breaks (not hard returns). A page break is achieved by using Control+Enter.
- Special formatting is strongly discouraged. Bold, italic, and multiple font sizes in a single piece are acceptable.
- Please title all attachments starting with your first name,last name.
- The exception to this is if you design your submission as a ‘camera ready’ JPG or PNG image that we can import into our publication as we would a photo. In that case, you may use any formatting you wish, but the image must be crisp, 300 DPI, and able to be reproduced clearly in black and white. If in doubt, please contact us at IndieBluSubmissions@gmail.com before submitting. Your ‘camera ready’ writing must be accompanied by the text in a Word (or PDF) version.
- Artwork submitted for the Anthology must be crisp, 300 DPI, and able to be reproduced clearly in black and white
- You will be notified if your work is accepted. Please do not consider non- acceptance as any diminishment of your experience, but as with any publishing venture, we must try to fit the individual pieces together into a strong whole.
- All contributors to the anthology will receive a PDF copy of the finished book
BIOGRAPHY: All submissions must include a professional biography and cannot be adjusted once submitted. Bios should be 75 words or less long and may include your social media links.
You will be contacted directly through your email when your work is safely received for submission. If your work is accepted for the anthology, you will receive an agreement letter that you need to complete fully, sign and return to us within 10 days.
PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED WORK We will accept previously published work but must have written permission by the previous publisher attached with your submission if they retain rights to your work.
If you own the copyright, your permission and the date and title of the previous publisher must be included at the bottom of your submission.
Please note that we are NOT able to offer monetary compensation or free print copies to contributors to these anthologies; however, all contributors will receive a PDF copy of the anthology. Indie Blu(e) Publishing has prioritized the accessibility of our titles and providing an outlet for artists and writers who might not otherwise get published over profits since we first launched in the fall of 2018. Keeping 400 and 500-page anthologies affordable globally in a pandemic is challenging.