Submit to Indie Blu(e)
Indie Blu(e) Publishing launched in September of 2018 to provide a venue for publishing the type of high-quality poetry, fiction, and non-fiction that the Indie Blu(e) Editors are passionate about. As a micro-press, Indie Blu(e) can offer a small, intimate experience where the writer and the editor work in close partnership to create a finished book that makes the writing shine.
HOW TO SUBMIT A MANUSCRIPT TO INDIE BLU(E) PUBLISHING
- Submit all queries to IndieBluSubmissions@gmail.com. Be sure to include Manuscript Submission in the subject line. We ask that you submit one query at a time.
- Please include a cover letter, and a concise synopsis no longer than one page in the body of the email.
- Your cover letter should include a brief bio, and detailed contact information (name, email address, and telephone number) in the top left corner.
- The synopsis should be a full summary no longer than one page, including the ending. We want spoilers.
- Attach the first fifty pages of your manuscript. We accept PDF and Word doc. Accepted fonts: Times New Roman and Arial. Margins: top and bottom set to 1 inch; inside and outside set to .75 inches. Body: include your last name, a keyword from your book title, and page number as a Header in the top right margin of the first and every subsequent page (e.g., Austin, Muses, 1).
- The manuscript should be a polished, final product.
- Please allow us 6 to 12 weeks for the Editors to review and respond to your submission. If we’d like to see more, we will request the entire manuscript.
- Begin a new page for each poem using the Page Break function.
- If a poem carries over to a second page, indicate in the top left corner whether the lines are a continuation of the same stanza, or the start of a new one (e.g., continue or begin new).
- Spelling, punctuation, capitalization, grammar, style, and formatting should be consistent throughout. Please edit your manuscript to the best of your ability before submitting.
- Please do not include a dedication page, a page about the author, or acknowledgements. Those items will be added later if your submission is accepted.
Thank you for trusting Indie Blu(e) Publishing with your voice.